Yesterday I checked out the “Game On!” exhibition which is all about the history of video games and had lots and lots of cool games for you to play. I started playing Space Invaders, then Ms Pac Man (I played this for ages but couldn’t get past level 4 - yeah I’m not great at games but it was fun. The old school full arcade box with the joystick makes the game so much better than eg on a computer) and also “Puckman” (which is exactly like Pacman) and Galaga and others. Then played some C64 games, Sega megadrive (Sonic and Tails!) and also Doom (I could only remember IDDQD, but I know there are so many more cheats! what was the one to walk through walls? it was rather long.) Anyway it was a cool exhibition, I went by myself but there are lots of good two player games so you should try to go with someone.
Also saw Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull which I thought was great, though maybe a bit too much action sequences and not enough story development. It was a bit too explained and nowhere near as mysterious as Last Crusade (though it could have been). The relationships were totally awkward but anyway, still good. I love that the [SPOILER] ancient Peruvians prayed to aliens. That is AWESOME, I love stories involving aliens, AND the Nazca lines, pure gold!! (no pun intended). [/SPOILER]
Few pics of Melbs (more on Flickr):


No comments:
Post a Comment