On Kalymnos I hiked up the hill to an 18th century pirate-proof village, the ruins of which are almost hidden against the hillside.

can you see them?
It was a good long walk 40 mins from Pothia to Hora, and then another 30 mins up the mountain.
some views of Pothia from up there, and beyond the ruins across Kalymnos





Had a nice dinner on the islet of Telendos off Kalymnos

Telendos islet off Myrties beach


Took the overnight ferry from Kalymnos to Lesvos, which was actually fine once I figured out the best place to sleep was up on the deck on the benches (see photos below) with my sleeping sheet and blanket and airline pillow it was actually very comfortable - better than being indoors on airline-style seats which was hot with loud bastards talking like 14 year old school girls. Every so often someone would come up to smoke and smoke up the whole deck of course, but with my earplugs and eyemask I got a pretty decent sleep.

No comments:
Post a Comment