11.9.08

feeling a little seedy in Italy...

big pub crawl last night in Rome, I had thought drinking only red wine would mean I'd be OK this morning, but somehow those extra shots found their way into the night... which is probably why I am feeling a bit slow this morning. I decided to use the internet, but not sure it is worth the price. The system here in Italy is so stupid and you have to give ID to even log on (I assume so all web traffic is linked back to a person, so I am assuming it is all logged as well) and then even though I am using my laptop my email won't work, presumably because the SSL (secure email) ports are all blocked.

Anyway, Rome is OK but I'm not in love with it at all - I actually liked Venice, despite my reservations about Italy after having had enough of Greece. Rome, however, is just ugly dirty and full of tourists (and yes I count myself as one of the mob). I'm off to the colosseum later today, but everything else has been totally overrated. I appreciate the history, but having to endure thousands of tourists, fake handbag salesmen and Indian guys trying to sell you roses (there are a lot of Indians in Rome), it just isn't worth it. Certainly it's hard to get an appreciation for a city in two days so I'm hoping my wanderings later today will be better.

I've about had enough of travelling - it is a little sad to think I'll be leaving Europe in two weeks, but I'm definitely feeling the crunch today. I'm tired, losing my voice and just feel BLAHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

No comments: