25.9.08

Leaving the Schengen Zone

I'm at Munich airport about to fly out to London and leave Europe (well, the mainland) behind!

Had a mad four days at Oktoberfest (I've uploaded some photos) and am now totally shattered. I got the flu two days ago so the last two days were a struggle but I did well enough to still drink an unknown number of steins of beer and eat my fair share of roasted pork, chicken and sausages. Anything I was wearing STINKS of cigarette smoke, including my satchel bag which I can smell now. It's GROSS. I can't wait to be in a smoke-free environment!

I'm looking forward to 6 nights in London chilling out and eating healthily, and I think going on some looooong walks to start counteracting all the tasty European food.

The customs guy asked me how long I had been in Europe and I said '89 days' - to which he replied 'you know exactly?' and I was like 'damn straight I made sure I knew' and it was all smooth sailing through passport control. Can't enter Europe for 90 more days now, but I think I got it all pretty out of my system for now.

Gotta start getting amped for the USA and NYC - not long now....

No comments: