This travel business certainly ruins the fuck out of all your possessions (on a bit of a profanity roll tonight).
I am sorry to say the LCD screen on my camera is slowly getting worse after being squished whilst caving under Budapest. There are two big black marks that are slowly growing, but I think I'll get a fair bit of use out of it yet. Still - it's only 4 months old! I wonder if I can get the LCD replaced in Canada.
My suitcase is also doing shithouse, the wheels are fucked and while still working they won't last much longer. They haven't been rolling well for quite a while, which kind of defeats the purpose of having a suitcase and being able to easily roll it around. I'm going to have to look for somewhere to get it fixed in London. It's under Samsonite 3 year warranty but I'm nowhere near a service center. The rest of the case is good so hopefully I can get them sorted before the USA.
Most of my clothes have been replaced - my backpack (daypack) wears out the backs of my tops, my satchel bag rubs the front of my tops and most are pilled and stretched and look totally shocking which is not so good. That said, when I get to Canada it's likely to be so freezing I won't have much need of this stuff anyway!
My earphones have held up OK but the extension cord broke 3 months ago. They are Seinnheiser CX400's and give pretty decent sound I must say, though I am still annoyed by the very short cord (which without the super long extension can be awkward).
I'm on my 8th pair of sunglasses - by now I feel I should have just paid for one expensive pair! Though that would mean I'd have to be bothered to look after them.... too hard! Anyway, I'm thinking of getting some nice pricey ones and a new watch when I hit the states (if I have any money left!) as everything is cheaper in the good old US of A. I might look at watches in Switzerland but I've got my eye on a nice Michael Kors one that has a band in an ivory/bone-looking material (presumably plastic, I know). MY DKNY watch from Hong Kong has a new battery and works fine, but the clasp is dodgy and resists my attemps to glue it together with metal glue.
Last but not least is myself - by body is out of shape (hideous) and my back is fucked - I keep waking up with a numb left hand which is a bit scary. I hope to find a sports masseuse in London and shell out for a decent massage. I think finding a chiro will be too hard and expensive.
No comments:
Post a Comment