19.6.08

BusAbout

I'm in Rhodes staying in a proper hotel (!!! - only because I couldn't find anything else last minute online), but it took me EIGHTEEN, yes that's 18, hours to get here from Crete. There is only one boat per week from Heraklio (the main town on Crete) and it is a slow boat (but is cheap) but it stops at 4 or 5 places along the way. We were an hour delayed getting going and then picked up another hour here and there at various ports. So instead of arriving at 11 pm (bad enough) I got in at 2 am. Anyway, picked up a cab as it was was too late and dark to try to walk (and I am having lots of back/arm/foot/hand pain - getting a massage on the beach tomorrow).

So where was I, oh yes - during my 18 hours of contemplation I read 444 pages of Stephen King's 'The Stand', had a nap, had some lunch and dinner, stared out the window and also sat down and worked through the rest of my trip (ie mainly the BusAbout hop-on hop-off bus part). I have a LOT of places I want to go and NOT a lot of time - so I've come up with what I think is a pretty good itinerary (the bus goes between these places so I have to do them in this order). I've posted it under 'DESTINATIONS' on the right (it's a long list, I know) - but it should give everyone a good idea of where I should be (meet up with me peoples!). The only unmapped potion is the UK. I have changed the Italy leg to September which should beat the crowds.

I will probably have to lock it in a little (with hostel bookings) but will try to leave myself some room. However if you want to meet up with me get in touch soon so we can work it out and book it in! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great list of destinations! Loved Cesky Krumlov and the rafting.

Can't get any photos this time - we need you back here to show us how to access them!

The text is interesting, though.